Just Another Lost Boy Missing His Neverland

After a month of radio silence...I'm BACK! Hey everybody. I have been busy getting my life together now that I'm back in Seattle. So far so good. I'm working full time and have found a place to live blah blah blah. But how is my life as a cartoonist shaping up? First off, you can now purchase the first and second issue of Grump Toast at these fine Seattle locations: Elliott Bay Books, Left Bank Books and Zanadu Comics. Also, starting mid September I will begin an internship at the prestigious Fantagraphics. All in all things are looking pretty positive. So let's get to the meat and potatoes of this post!

If you haven't heard the news, Hurricane Irene has caused mass amounts of flooding which has hit the town of White River Jct. and CCS hard. It's a good thing the school has such an awesome team of students and faculty to swoop in and work miracles like this. I'm glad the comics were saved and no one was seriously injured. But all this destruction has really got me pining for the days when I attended CCS. I desperately miss the school, faculty and all my fellow students. SIGH. Shortly after graduating a few of my classmates and yours truly went out and got class tattoos. We each decided to draw our own ink bottles. I got mine on my drawing arm. Check out this sweet gang tatt.


Now just to be totally sentimental and mushy here's a track listing of a mix I made after my first year at school. This particular mis is about myself discovering and attending CCS. SIGH. Enjoy!

1. Iron Man Intro
2. Candyland Part 1 - Soul Postion
3. Viva! Sea-Tac - Robyn Hitchcock
4. Story Of An Artist - Daniel Johnston
5. Put On Your Sunday Clothes - Michael Crawford
6. You Can Have It All - Yo La Tango
7. This Is Your Day - The The
8. Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass - Buck Owens
9. Many River's To Cross - Jimmy Cliff
10. Im Abendrot - Gewandhousorchester Liezpig
11. Red House - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
12. Love Theme (Squeezit And The Chickens) - Oingo Boingo
13. Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
14. Death Of Vilensky - The Billy Nayer Show
15. Everyone's A Loser - I Monster
16. Deep Down - Mike Patton
17. Big Baby - Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet
18. Good Times A Goo Goo - Bran Flakes
19. Goo Goo Muck - The Cramps
20. I Wonder - The Bubble Gum Machine
21. Reel Ten - Plugz
22. Bad Taste - Michelle Scullion
23. The Song Is Familiar - Funkadelic
24. What'll We Do - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltstin
25. Let's Get Known - The Unicorns
26. When I Paint My Masterpiece - The Band

Guess who's back?! Asphalt's back and ready for some fuckin' action! I've begun work on a new Asphalt story that is sure to drunkenly please. Here's a sketch of the outcome of Asphlat's newest misadventure. Rock!

2 comments: